CEMETERY DIRECTIONS FOR VARIOUS NORTHAMPTON CO. CEMETERIES PA
I COPIED THESE RECORDS AS ACTUALLY WRITTEN
Allen Township
Bethlehem Township
Bushkill Township
City of Bethlehem
East Allen Township
Forks Township
Lower Nazareth
Lower Saucon Township
Moore Township
Nazareth Borough
Plainfield Township
Palmer Township
Upper Mount Bethel Township
Washington Township
Williams Township

RETURN TO TOP
ALLEN TOWNSHIP
These records are available at the Easton Public Library, Easton, PA

ST. LAWRENCE MARTYR, R.C. 
2nd and Chapel Streets, North Catasauqua, old cemetery
adjancent to church
CALVARY Grove and Lincoln Streets, North Catasauqua. Entrance on Grove Street. The name is not on the gate. This is the parish cemetery for St. Lawrence
HOLY TRINITY RUSSIAN ORTHODOX Grove and Calvary Streets, North Catasauqua, entrance on Grove name on gate.
ST. ANDREWS Grove and Calvary Streets, North Catasauqua. This cemetery is located behind Holy Trinity
To get to the Borough of Northampton from Easton, take Route 248 north to Bath, then take 329 west to Northampton
OUR LADY OF HUNGARY Main and Second streets, Northampton Borough, entrance on Second street.
ASSUMPTION OF THE VIRGIN MARY UKRAINIAN ORTHODOX Main street, Northampton Borough. Adjacent to our Lady of Hungary
ST. JOHN THE BAPTIST UKRAINIAN Main Street, Northampton Borough, adjacent to the Assumption of the Virgin Mary
ST. JOHN THE BAPTIST UKRAINIAN Main street, Northampton Borough, this is just across Main street from St. John's
ALLEN UNION 4th and Main streets, Northampton Borough
FAIRVIEW Cherryville Road at 30th street, just north of Northampton, cemetery on the left
BLESSED VIRGIN MARY Cherryville Road at 32nd Street, adjacent to Fairview
ZION'S (STONE CHURCH) At the intersection of Church Road and Kreidersville Road, north of Kreidersville Road. First church erected in 1771, also contains headstones from the abandoned burial grounds at Howerville
ST. JOHN'S UCC Howertown Road, just south of Route 329, Howertown. Started in 1833 as St. John's Union Church. Old cemetery adjacent to the church is now a closed cemetery
GREENWOOD Howertown Road, just across the road from St. John's. This was a new cemetery started in 1862. Four years later, it was organized into the Greenwood Cemetery Company.
HIESTAND-MUSSELMAN This burial ground was mention in Ellis, p. 244, as being on the farm of Henry Heistand. This cemetery still exists, today. However, it is on private property and is in deplorable condition.
OLD MENNONITE GRAVEYARD Northampton Borough. Also known as Siefried Memorial Cemetery, 1760. In 1899 had only two headstones visible. Col. John Siegfried d. Nov. 27, 1893 buried there. Church erected before 1871, Ellis, p. 241B.
RETURN TO TOP
BETHLEHEM TOWNSHIP
ST. JOHN'S UNION CHURCH OF FARMERSVILLE William Penn Highway. Go out William Penn highway until you come to Church Road,church on the right, cemetery on the left side of the road. Church started in 1846 as a Union Church (Lutheran and Reformed).
ST. JOHN'S LUTHERAN AND ST. JOHN'S UCC Same address as above. They still sahre the same church building
FARMERSVILLE CEMETERY (INCORPORATED) Same address as above. The Cemetery is on the left side of the road

HOLY GHOST UKRAINIAN (CATHOLIC) Farmersville Road. Take Freemansburg Road to Farmersville Road, take a left on Farmersville, cemetery on the right
TRINITY UCC 226 Main Street, Freemansburg. Cemetery along the side and in back of the church
UNION Freemansburg. Turn from Main Street onto Monroe, next to Christ Lutheran Church. Turn left onto Green Street. Second cemetery on the left
FREEMANSBURG Freemansburg. From Main Street, turn next to Christ Lutheran Church onto Monroe, continue on Monroe past Green St. Cemetery sits back on left.
GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST C.C.(Christian Center) Freemansburg. Turn from Main Street onto Monroe, next to Christ Lutheran Church. Turn left onto Green Street. First Cemetery on the left. Private Cemetery
JONES FARM Near Butztown. Ellis, p. 238. It is said that during the Revolution, General Hall's command were, for a time, encamped in the township upon land belonging to the Moravians and that some of his men who died there were buried in an old cemetery on the Jones farm.
RETURN TO TOP
CITY OF BETHLEHEM
LIME KILN South Bethlehem. Mennonite Cemetery. From Main Street (route 412) in Hellertown, take High Street west to Creek Road, turn right, cemetery on the right
SS CYRIL AND METHODIUS SLOVAK Just off Williams street, South Bethlehem. Continue north on Creek Rd. through the next intersection, then it becomes Williams Street. Cemetery on the right.
ST. JOSEPH'S EPISCOPAL 5TH street, east of Duncan, South Bethlehem. A chapel was built on 4th street (in front of the cemetery) in 1874. This was St. Joseph's Mission under the jurisdiction of the Cathedral Church of the Nativity, 321 Wyandotte Street. The church was sold in 1918 to St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Community, however, the Cathedral still owns and maintains the western end of the cemetery.
ST. NICHOLAS GREEK ORTHODOX 5TH Street, east of Duncan, South Bethlehem. The eastern end of the cemetery belongs to St. Nicholas. The first burial was in 1925 and the last in 1960. While the building was sold to the Holy Bethel Pentecostal church, 1224 E. 4th Street, they still own and maintain the cemetery. St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church is now located at 1607 West Union Boulevard. They now have their burials in Cedar Hill Memorial Park, Lehigh County.
ST. MICHAEL'S 4th Street just off of State Street, South Bethlehem. Formerly parish cemetery of Holy Infancy. Served most of South Bethlehem Roman Catholics. As the third and fourth generations moved to the suburbs, they often removed the remains of their families. (source Bethlehem of PA -Golden Years, p. 347
HOLY INFANCY CHURCH 4th Street, just off State Street. South Bethlehem. Early burials in St. Michael's Cemetery. Now burials are in Holy Saviour Cemetery, Bethlehem
HOLY GHOST Sioux and Bishopthorpe Street, South Bethlehem
NISKY HILL 254 E. Church. Laid out in 1849 as the old Moravian Cemetery began to fill up. First burial in 1864. Today the cemetery is no longer restricted to Moravian burials.
UNION CEMETERY E. Church St, at the end of High street. Burial grounds purchased in 1850 and 1860 by the Salem Lutheran Church and the Christ Reformed Church. They still jointly retain ownership of the cemetery.
SALEM LUTHERAN CHURCH 527 High Street, Bethlehem, PA
UNITED CHRIST CHURCH 75 E. Market Street, Bethlehem, PA
FAIRVIEW North New Street and W. Washington Ave., Bethlehem, PA
MORAVIAN (God's Acre) Market street between New and Main Streets, Bethlehem, PA, cemetery laid out in 1724
MEMORIAL PARK and MAUSOLEUM Dewberry Street and Madison Avenue, Bethlehem, PA
HOLY SAVIOUR Linden Street. Office located at 857 E. Langhorne Drive, Bethlehem, PA
ST. THOMAS (Altonah) Macada and Altonah Roads. Old cemetery in back of St. Thomas UCC Church. A building was erected in 1848 as a Union Church. It was called "St. Thomas Monaccy Church".
ALTONA Altonah and Macada Roads, Altonah. Just across the road from St. Thomas's Church
BROWN'S BURIAL PLOT Cemetery no longer exists. It was located on Clermont Street in Bethlehem near the intersection of Easton Road and Stefko Boulevard
RETURN TO TOP
BUSHKILL TOWNSHIP

ZION EVANGELICAL North on Broad Street in Nazareth, left onto High - proceed approx. 1/2 mile beyond Borough limits to Beil Ave., cemetery on the left, directly across from an electrical power sub-station.

SCHOENECK MORAVIAN North on Broad Street in Nazareth to Beil Ave., cemetery on the right.
BELFAST UNION Take Route 33 north, exit at Belfast. At the end of the ramp turn right. At stop sign make a sharp left. Immediately look for a small white church. Part of the cemetery is in Plainfield township
INTERDENOMINATIONAL 1502 Bushkill Center Road, Clearfield. Beer's Atlas, Northampton Co., PA, 1874 shows the Canaan Evangelical Church on this site
BUSHKILL UNITED METHODIST Church Road, Clearfield. One block from the Interdenominational Church
RETURN TO TOP
EAST ALLEN TOWNSHIP
Take Route 248 West from Easton to Bath
GREEN MOUNT Broad & Northampton Streets, Bath, PA

Sacred Heart (Catholic) Penn Street, Bath,
BATHE KIRCHE East Main Street, Bath - adjacent to St. John's Lutheran. Old St. John's was a jointly owned church of the German Reformeds and Lutherans. In 1876, they divided and each built their own church. There are no longer any burials there. St. John's Lutheran and Sacred Heart share in the maintence of the cemetery.
SIEGFRIED At the end of the 300 block on West Main street - cemetery on the right, Bath, PA, Siegfried Log Cabin, c. 1785, 400 block of West Main street on the right
ENGLISH PRESBYTERIAN Route 329 from Bath just past Tanglewood Road (approx. 3 miles) It's on the right behind the God's Missionary Church ( about 200 yards). This is one of the oldest graveyards in Northampton County. It is also called the Horner's Cemetery in honor of Jane Kerr, wife of James Horner, who suffered death at the hands of the Indians, Oct.8, 1763, age 50
ST. PETER'S UCC Route 248, west of Bath, PA, turn left onto Snyder's Church Road (approx. 1/12 miles) This is also referred to as Snyder's Church
GROSS FAMILY On Solomon's Steinmetz's farm, Ellis p. 244 A. Can not locate
RETURN TO TOP
FORKS TOWNSHIP
CHILDREN OF ISRAEL Arndt Road and Bushkill Drive. Orthodox Congregation consisting of ex-members of Bnai Abraham. Orginated 1942 - re-affliated with Bnai Abraham 1968
ARNDT - MESSINGER Arndt Road and Bushkill Drive, adjacent to Children of Israel
BNAI ABRAHAM Arndt Road and Bushkill Drive (Children of Abraham) A Jewish Cemetery connected with the Bnai Abraham Synagogue. An extension of the earlier Bnai Abraham Cemetery in South Easton
FORKS Churchville (Stockertown address). In the northern part of the township about 5 miles NW of Easton. Lutheran and Reformed Church Cemetery - 1760 some newer parts from 1812
RETURN TO TOP
LOWER MOUNT BETHEL TOWNSHIP
PRESBYTERIAN (OLD) Route 611, just north of Martins Creek, next to the Good Shepherd Church Hunter-Martin Settlement, Scotch-Irish Burial Grounds
CHURCH HILL Route 611, north of Martins Creek, just a short distance from the Presbyterian Cemetery
RETURN TO TOP
LOWER NAZARETH
DRYLAND (Old) Route 191, Hecktown, about 1/12 miles north of Route 22 on west side of the highway, behind Trinity Lutheran Church. No stones in this part, just a plaque with names and dates
DRYLAND UNION Adjacent to Dryland above
HOPE Just north of the Dryland Cemeteries
RETURN TO TOP
LOWER SAUCON TOWNSHIP
TO GET TO LOWER SAUCON TOWNSHIP FROM EASTON, GO SOUTH ON 25TH STREET - OVER THE GLENDON BRIDGE AND TURN RIGHT, GO APPROX. 1/4 MILE, THEN TURN RIGHT ONTO ISLAND PARK ROAD
CHRIST UNION (OLD)(Lower Saurcon) Easton Road, At the end of Island Park Road, turn left - bear to the right - continue on to the stop sign, make a right on to Easton Road, cemetery on the left

CHRIST UNION (new) Directly across the road from the old part - adjacent to the Christ Lutheran Church
ST. JOSEPHAT'S UKRAINIAN Easton Road, cemetery on the left
UNION OF HELLERTOWN 89 S. Main St. Hellertown, Pa. Continue on Easton Road to Route 412 (main street) turn left, cemetery on the left
NEW JERUSALEM (Appel's Union) Appel Church Road, Leithsville. Route 412 south of Hellertown, right on Appel Church Road. Cemetery adjacent to the New Jerusalem Evangelical Lutheran Church
NEW JERUSALEM From Appel Church Road, turn left onto Route 412 north, to right onto Mount Pleasant Road
EBENEZER NEW REFORMED Bingen, route 412 south of Hellertown, right on Appel Church Road, then right onto Bingen Road. Church on the right, cemetery behind it. Now called Bingen Sunrise Memorial Cemetery
TRINITY Wassergass, take Easton Road east out of Hellertown, proceed to Lower Saucon Road,. turn right - cemetery just past Wassergass Rd. There is a church adjacent to the cemetery, but it has been abandoned
to the cemetery,
RETURN TO TOP
MOORE TOWNSHIP
HOLY CROSS LUTHERAN From Broad Street in Nazareth, follow signs for Bushkill Center. Originally it was the Jehovah Lutheran and Reformed Cemetery, adjacent to the former church of the same name. The Holy Cross Lutheran Church, 2700 Johnson Road, Moorestown, is in Moore Township
RETURN TO TOP
NAZARETH BOROUGH
(see upper Nazareth Map) SAINT JOHN'S UNION Broad and South Streets, one block on right
GREENWOOD High Street, Broad street to left on High
HOLY FAMILY Center Street and Convent Avenue. Also the Holy Family Mausoleum Broad Street to left on Center Street
NAZARETH MORAVIAN Center and Willow Streets. This is the second cemetery for the Nazareth Moravians, the first being the "Indian Tower". Ellis (p. 221) refers to this cemetery in 1878 as "Evergreen". Probably not an official name but around this time, they planted a large variety of trees, especially evergreens. The collection of evergreens was the largest and most complete in any portion of the State, many being extremely rare
RETURN TO TOP
PALMER TOWNSHIP
Gethsemane-along south side of William Penn Highway. Northampton Memorial Shrine-3051 Green Pond Road.
RETURN TO TOP
PLAINFIELD TOWNSHIP
BENDER'S MENNONITE North on Sullivan Trail, right onto Kesslersville Road - to 191 North, first left (Hower Road) until you come to Benders Church Road. Beer's Atlas (1874) shows a German Lutheran Cemetery in this location. There are burials there in that time period with German inscription on the stones
PLAINFIELD North on Sullivan Trail, right onto Church Road. Adjacent to St. Peter's Evangelical Lutheran Church - 1422 Church Road
WIND GAP Adjacent to Plainfield Cemetery - but on the north side of the road. The side towards Wind Gap
BRUCH'S Wind Gap. Route 512 north, right on Alpha Road, just past the West Street intersection
ST. MARY'S EPISCOPAL Wind Gap. Route 512 north, left on Alpha Road
ST. ELIZABETH'S Route 512 north to Pen Argyl. Right on South Main Street, first left onto Flory Street. There is no street sign until you go one or two blocks
EVERGREEN North on Sullivan Trail, right on Kesslersville Road to 191 north, 2nd left to Pen Argyl Road, on the left. Adjacent to Grand Central Sanitation
FAIRVIEW Middletown Road, just south of Pen Argyl
ST. ROCH'S 1141 Verona Drive, W. Bangor, Pa.
ST. JOSEPH'S EPISCOPAL 1440 Verona Drive, W. Bangor, Pa.
RETURN TO TOP
UPPER MOUNT BETHEL TOWNSHIP
TO GET TO UPPER MOUNT BETHEL TOWNSHIP, TAKE ROUTE 611 NORTH FROM EASTON
REFORMED Village of Stone Church (Centerville)

ST. PAUL'S LUTHERAN Village of Stone Church (Centerville
CENTERVILLE Village of Stone Church (Centerville)
TRINITY UCC ( Old Cem.) Village of Stone Church (Centerville) Oriiginally the congregation of the (German Lutheran and Reformed. Some earlier records also refer to it as Christ Church Cemetery
ATEN'S Old cemetery along the Delaware river about 4 miles south of Portland - adjacent to Driftstone Campgrounds - River Road R.D.1, Mount Bethel
GERMAN REFORMED (Beck's) Mount Bethel( only 12 stones, a few still readable)
MOUNT BETHEL PRESBYTERIAN Mount Bethel
METHODIST CHAPEL South Street, Mount Bethel
RIVERVIEW Delaware avenue, Portland
ST. VINCENT de PAUL Turkey Ridge Road. Just past Riverview, make a left onto Turkey Ridge Road. Cemetery at the top of the hill
STATEFORD UNION Main Street Slateford. Only the foundation of the church remains - several stones behind it (some readable). Most of the stones were moved to Riverview Cemetery when the railroad was put in.
STIER Johnsonville(Stier)
PRINCE OF PEACE Johnsonville
METHODIST Five Points, Johnsonville (only four stones remain)
EAST BANGOR East Bangor, Pa.
NORTH BANGOR (Ross Memorial)North Bangor, Pa
RETURN TO TOP
UPPER NAZARETH TOWNSHIP
MORAVIAN MEMORIAL (Indian Tower) Adjacent to Holy Family Cemetery (new) just off High St. In 1870, the Moravian Historical Society erected a plain marble shaft, on a mound in the center of the enclosure, inscribed with the names of more than 60 persons of various nationalities buried there.
GRACEDALE From Broad Street in Nazareth turn left onto High St. then a left on Levis Road,at the base of the Civil Denfense Tower (Potter's Field)
RETURN TO TOP
WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP
Richmond United Methodist Take Route 611 north from Easton to Richmond. Make a left at the Richmond Hotel, cemetery on the right adjacent to the church
MENNONITE (Old) There is no longer a cemetery there. There were a few stone there with German inscription, c. 1980 but since then they have been bulldozed under
MILLERS Heinsohn Hill Road. Take Route 611 north from Easton, make a left onto Jacktown Road, then a left onto Heinsohn Hill Road. There was a German Methodist Church here in 1864. Possibly it was named the Emmanuel Evangelical Church
FLICKSVILLE UCC Take 611 north from Easton to Martin's Creek, go straight through the light, continue north to Flicksville
ACKERMAN UNITED METHODIST Take Route 191 north from Easton to Ackermanville, make a sharp right at the Ackermanville General Store onto Ackermanville Road. Cemetery on the right behind the church
ST. JOHN'S and the BANGOR MEMORIAL MAUSOLEUM Broadway and Sixth street, Bangor, Pa.
MENNONITE (OLD) South Fourth Street and Broadway, Bangor, The Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church is on the corner. Adjacent to it is a parking lot, go to the rear of the lot and up the steps to the cemetery. A Mennonite Church and the cemetery were here in 1822. The property was sold to the Lutherans in 1878. Since that time the cemetery has been in their care
SALEM UNITED METHODIST 125 South Main Street, Bangor, Pa.
OUR LADY OF MOUNT CARMEL Top of Division Street, Roseto (old cemetery)
OUR LADY OF MOUNT CARMEL Liberty Avenue, Roseto. Now named New Catholic Cemetery
PRESBYTERIAN (Evangelical) Liberty Avenue, Roseto
THOMPSON-MILLER Ellis(p. 257) refers to a burying groung on the property of John Young. A 1926 reading of this cemetery denotes that it was a Scotch-Irish burial ground. At that time there were readable stones. However, if it still exists, it is on private property and out of bounds
RETURN TO TOP
WILLIAMS TOWNSHIP
OLD PHILADELPHIA ROAD IN WILLIAMS TOWNSHIP IS NOW MORGAN HILL ROAD>BR> ST. MARY MAGDALEN At the end of St. John Street in South Easton, just over the line in Williams Township
ST. JOSEPH'S (NEW) Between Davis Street and Old Philadelphia Road off Williams street in S. Easton, just over the line in Williams Township
ST. ANTHONY'S Cedarville Road. South on Morgan Hill Road thru I-78 interchange, take first left onto Cedarville Road, cemetery on the left - approx. 1/2 mile
CHRIST UNITED EVANGELICAL 2100 Morgan Hill Road. Also referred to as the "Blue Church". Beer's Atlas (1874) shows this as the site of a German Methodist Church and cemetery
ST. JOHN'S UNION 2745 Morgan Hill Road. Adjacent to St. John's Lutheran Church. Also referred to as New Williams. It was orginally St. John's Union Church and cemetery. The Church did not become Lutheran until 1887
ST. LUKES (Old Williams) 20 Church Road. Take Morgan Hill Road south, then make a (left)? onto the Raubsville Road, continue until you come to Church Road
STOUT FAMILY From Morgan Hill Road, make a right onto the Raubsville Road, then a left onto Burham Road. However, the cemetery is no longer there.
RAUBSVILLE Royal Manor Road. From Easton take Route 611 south, then make a right onto Raubsville Road, then a left onto Royal Manor Road. The cemetery is on the left
OLD RICHARD'S Do not have a location for this cemetery so do not know if it still exists
For questions and comments, email me at... TIANA
RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
back to Tiana's homepage

guests

This page hosted by GeoCities Get your own Free Home Page


1